Monday, May 13, 2013

Rehearsal Dinners are the Best!!

So when Danny Russo decided to marry Stacie they needed someone to cater their rehearsal dinner.  We have been friends with the Russo's for years....Danny and Marco Russo are the same age as my sons Trey and Mikey.  So we sat through thousands of baseball games, soccer games and footballs games together.  So doing the rehearsal dinner was a labor of love.  Nothing is more fun than watching the two families get to know each other, everyone starts out a little bit nervous, but by the end of night they are all great friends looking forward to the wedding!!

Peggy wanted antipasto at every table, family style!!  And when we picked up the plates there was nothing left!!

A fun table, but the Antipasto made it

Chicken Bolognese, Penne Pasta with Vodka Sauce and French cut Green Beans

Peggy wanted strawberries at every table....no problem!!

Emma loved taking pictures

This dinner
was so easy, it just fell into place

Red roses are always appropriate

My friend Barb gave me these napkin ring holders, Stef gave me the stemware


All the bottles of olive oil are from Barb...Aloha Barb!!!

Seriously the Antipasto was amazing!!


the blue table

The centerpiece is just an oak ivy no big deal,  but it is fun to know I grew this one from cuttings  from the mother plant!!  Just cut stems so that you have a joint, put them in water, wait for roots to appear, and put it in dirt.  I have done this with so many of my plants, and sometimes I just leave them in water....like for years!!

I didn't do anything special for any centerpiece, I totally ran out of time!!


Raymond made the grapevine wreath from our very own grape vines

Just feels good to see all the colors, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment